Council Bluffs Hearing Aids
Helping You Hear Better
Grace Hearing Instruments of Council Bluffs, IA, services all makes of hearing aids and assistive listening devices. We offer the latest technology. We also repair hearing devices. Call Grace Hearing Instruments today.
The Importance of Hearing
What is Hearing Impairment?
Conductive Hearing Loss:
Sound is not conducted to the inner ear from the outer or middle ear. This type of hearing loss is often temporary and can usually be treated medically.
This is a type of conductive hearing loss. The tiny bones of the middle ear do not properly transmit sound from the eardrum to the inner ear
Sensorineural Hearing Loss:
The inner ear does not transmit sound properly to the brain. The tiny hair cells of the inner ear have been damaged due to age, noise or medication. They can no longer pick up sounds. This loss is permanent because the hair cells do not grow back.
The ability to hear high frequency sound deteriorates. It is the most common kind of sensorineural hearing loss and comes with aging.
Mixed Hearing Loss:
A combination of conductive loss and sensorineural loss.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Straining to hear conversations.
- A feeling that you can hear, but cannot understand.
- Thinking people are mumbling.
- Asking people to repeat themselves, even in a quiet setting.
- Confusing people’s words.
- Finding it necessary to watch people’s faces in order to understand what they are saying.
- Difficulty hearing softer sounds such as birds singing and water running.
- Avoiding certain activities because it is too difficult to hear.
- Chronic ear infections, “ringing” in the ears, or dizziness.
- Increasing the volume of your radio or television to the point that it irritates others.
- Family history of diabetes, heart disease, thyroid problems, poor circulation or hearing loss.
Council Bluffs, IA Hearing Aid Repair
Description of the Nebraska Specialized Telecommunications Equipment Program
The State of Nebraska is proud to present the Nebraska Specialized Telecommunications Equipment Program (NSTEP). The goal of this program is to provide monetary assistance to persons with disabilities. These persons will then use the financial assistance to aid in the purchasing of specialized telephone equipment such as amplifiers, signaling devices and TTY/TTs.
Beltone Legend is the most complete and advanced full hearing aid product line you’ll find. With the widest range of choices and the most advanced technology, there is a Beltone Legend model for every taste and lifestyle. Recommend Beltone Legend and help your clients find their perfect match today!
Contact Grace Hearing Instruments today at 712-322-8393 for inquiries.